While New2You Thrift Stores appreciates your clothing and household items, you can also make a cash donation to New2You online if you prefer. New2You appreciates your support and your donation is tax deductible.
“Dear Kyle, I have run out of bookshelf space for all my books. How do I decide which books to keep and which to donate?” – Susan from Mason
Organizing Tips, Articles, and Resources "Sorting through Books"
Like you, I would love to keep all my books but, periodically I have to ask myself the following questions. This really helps me make room for new books!
- Which books have I not touched for 5 years?
- Which books have I not touched since I bought them?
- Which books do I no longer need?
- Which books are on topics that are easy to find on the web or research in a bookstore?
Next, look at your shelves...
- How full are they, are they more than 2/3 full? (2/3 Allows room for new books
- Do you need room for other books?
- Could you use the space where the bookshelves are for another purpose?
- Are the books collecting dust such that they might cause you to get sick?
- Are there books that stress you when you pass by? (Don't keep them)